Statement of Faith
We believe in God the Father, who created all things. We believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord and Savior. He was conceived by the power of the Holy Spirit, and was fully human and fully God. Jesus lived a sinless life, speaking God’s word to all who would hear; we affirm the eternal truth and relevance of his teachings. He suffered for the sins of humanity, was crucified, died, and was buried. On the third day, he rose again, and he later ascended into Heaven, where he is seated at the right hand of the Father. He will come again to judge the living and the dead. We believe in the Holy Spirit, which Jesus sent for our comfort and edification. This same Spirit assists our program in its highest purpose, which is to enable and assist others to develop a relationship with God in Christ. We believe in the holy and universal Church, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and eternal life.
Statement of Purpose
- We as the Christian Youth Conference work together to foster a safe place for every member of our community to explore their relationship with God, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.
- We celebrate and encourage a diversity of Christian beliefs and values within the Conference community.
- We seek for unity in Christ while working together in love, respect, and humility to celebrate the tapestry of Christian faith that is the Christian Youth Conference.
- We encourage young people to explore, develop, and share their God-given gifts, and we affirm these gifts in one another.
- We expect and require that all members of our community be respectful and tolerant of everyone regardless of differences in opinion or belief.
- We promote spiritual growth by encouraging the practice of prayer, Bible study, and fellowship.
- We believe in the power of prayer in all its forms.
- We cultivate an active enjoyment and stewardship of God’s creation and a respect for the beauty of God’s world.
- We minister to each other through listening, caring, and serving.
- We minister to the surrounding community by engaging in service projects and encouraging a lifestyle of servant leadership as a means of Christian outreach.
- We worship God in a variety of settings through song, instrumental music, service, preaching, dance, and devotions.
- We provide Christian education and leadership training, enabling our members to assume roles of leadership in their home communities and churches.
- We encourage members to listen to God’s call and to follow God’s leading in their lives.